[G4] Sawtooth won't boot in SUM or OF

Jill Lee-Jones jillleejones at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 13:00:54 PDT 2009

Hello all,

I have had an ongoing problem with my G4 Sawtooth 450 AGP freezing randomly.
Sometimes it will run for days just fine, then all of sudden one day I
cannot even open a window in the Finder without it freezing. I had the
machine hardware checked at the local Apple retailer and they could find
nothing wrong. So I replaced the hard drive, installed new copy of the OS
10.3.9, reset the RAM to a different slot and did several runs of MacJanitor
and Apple Disk Utility to repair the permissions. I now want to try
Applejack to see if that may fix my problems but the machine will not boot
into Single User Mode or Open Firmware. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated!

Jill Lee-Jones