[G4] G4 Mac

Brian Deuel briandeueldotcom at lavabit.com
Tue Apr 21 14:56:51 PDT 2009

Pedro Mejia Eder wrote:
> Please help:
> I have a G4/400 Mac, serial XBO 1224WHSE, and am running OSX.
> I would like to change the monitor for a flat pannel LCD. Can anyone suggest what low cost LCD I could buy for it (compatible, of course)
> Thank you very much,
> Pedro

Running your serial, you have a Sawtooth unit made in Sacramento CA on
the 12th week of March, 2000.

Stay away from KDS LCDs. They're junk.

Any LCD will work. Used ADC LCDs are fairly cheap, especially the
15"ers. If you're looking to buy new, want widescreen, and can spend
about $250, get an HP w2007 20". This is the monitor I bought when my
KDS died. Dell LCDs are decently priced and are good monitors as well.
Cheapo KDS and MAG LCDs last about a year, then their power supplies
take a dump.

Brian

Standard disclaimer- This advice is worth as much as you paid for it,
and much of it may be my opinion or based on my experiences.