[G4] Home Theatre & Sound System

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Wed Apr 22 18:46:12 PDT 2009

Am 22.04.2009 um 19:54 schrieb Rich Northouse:

> Hi Gang,
>
> I am interested in setting up some sort of computerized home
> theatre and sound system. I would like to be able to interface my
> Mac to my existing sound system and video equipment.  Windows has
> such a system built into their Vista OS.
>
> While I really want to develop a cool set-up,  I also really would
> like to have a Mac as the cornerstone !  Anybody out there have
> some ideas?  In particular what kind of hardware and software are
> available . Is there stuff available on both a G4 and a G5
> system??  I don’t even know just what is available or  what it can
> do ??   Can you folks help me flesh this desire out ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rich
> Milwaukee

Hi Rich,

My first thought is to find a Mac video card with the right video
outputs, though there are also adapters available for DVI and VGA.
Here's an example:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Micro%20Accessories/HDM120001M/

And I'm sure you could find an audio adapter without too much trouble
- anything minijack to AV should do the trick.

Eric W.