[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Sun Feb 15 09:20:14 PST 2009

Am 15.02.2009 um 05:05 schrieb Umar Stone:

> Hey cwick and everyone interested, I checked the master/slave
> settings and as directed, they were in the right order for the
> machine;
> I tried applejack repeatedly on each HD about 6 times. So I think
> it may be a power issue, if it is can I fix it ?
> Thanks everyone who maybe wasting their time on my old G4 (which I
> want to survive)

If it is the power, and my own G4 seems to have stopped booting up
because of that, I think fixing it is either very complicated or
means buying a new PSU, and of course it can't be any off-the-shelf
ATX power supply, but just the right model. Not sure what goes into
reconditioning an old power supply to work properly again, if indeed
that is possible. Anybody know whether taking compressed air to it
will clear up any problems? Or does that just keep it from breaking
sooner?

Eric W.