[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

J.M.P.Hissel jomph at xs4all.nl
Sun Feb 15 11:41:08 PST 2009

On 15-02-2009 18:20, Eric Wood, ewood at izoom.net, wrote:

> Anybody know whether taking compressed air to it
> will clear up any problems? Or does that just keep it from breaking
> sooner?

NEVER use a can of compressed air with computer parts because it always will
produce some condensations. I have made a list of stuff, ruined by using
canned air, I met in the last 12 yrs maintaining around 240 Macs for around
80 clients: 39 dead bodies!!
Always only use to blow out such a one-hand bellows with or without a brush.
I myself prefer and only use such a one-hand mini-vacuumcleaner for this
kind of jobs. Will be clear: With the mvc you don't blow around all the dust
etc. but you remove all dirt by sucking it in your mvc-bag!!!
And a mvc will be very clever for cleaning keyboards, cameras etc.
And they are very cheap (around € 12 = around US$ 15), use rechargeable
batteries, have an easily to clean dirt-bag and don't have static problems.

HTH,

Jo Hissel