[G4] What Have I Done To Deserve This

Aaron aaron at macuser.fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 18 03:22:55 PST 2009

At 12:08 -0800 2009/02/17, gifutiger wrote (or quoted??):
>If you added a second ATA drive to a computer that came with
>one ATA drive, plug the connector on the end of the ribbon
>cable to the drive on the bottom and attach the cable's middle
>connector to the top drive.

That's only because, at least with the G4 AGP Graphics that you refer to, it's just about impossible to physically attach the drives to the cable in any other way -- at least in any way that's as easy as just switching the locations of the two drives. I don't know if there's any advantage to having the boot drive as the master, except that if both drives are bootable the master will, I think, be the drive that boots until you tell the computer otherwise.