[G4] Buying your own work computer

Robert H. Baucom rbtbcm at owc.net
Fri Feb 20 08:05:28 PST 2009

On Feb 19, 2009, at 6:43 PM, Skygram wrote:

> Robert,
>
>  If I
> upgrade too fast I'd need to buy a new Mac tower but the various
> SCSI -USB2
> or FW400 adapter cards can be problematic. So I am glad to have
> this new/old
> G4 to keep things going for awhile.
> Bill - Montreal

I've put different brand USB2 cards in two DA's and three
Quicksilvers to date.
No problems with any of them. Put FW400 cards in  my old Power Computing
units with no problems.
I too had tons of SCSI peripherals but every time I'd buy an SCSI
card on LemSwap
Despite my questions about it having the early SCSI socket
  ... they always showed up with those tiny sockets for which I've
never found a cable yet.

Loaded up Color Scanners, and other SCSI stuff along with FIVE SCSI
computers and gave
it all to a feller in Weatherford Texas. A full pick up load.
Jes loves USB and USB2. BUT, I prefer my FireWire Stuff.

What I really had problems with was a Din 8 PCI board that I never
did get my beloved
HP-6MP printers to work with. They went west also.

RHB