[G4] Correct English Flame War

Robert H. Baucom rbtbcm at owc.net
Mon Feb 23 12:11:25 PST 2009

OK, computer malfunction and jargon forgotten, you've drawn me into
this cyber seminar.
While some of these complaints might be attributed to "Resistance to
Change" ...  even they will have to admit to: the English language is
a dynamic (changeable) form of communication.
In my youth it was a tidal wave, now thanks to Television, it became
a Tsunami and it came about overnight.
There are just a few things  that cause me to rise to  my pulpit; the
major one being the flagrant misuse of  the term "Gentleman".
Break it down, Gentle-man.
I see these policeman referring to this violent, murderous cretin as
"This Gentleman." It never  fails to raise my hackles.
RHB
Happiness is owning a Macintosh Computer and a Triumph Motorcycle. --
Robt Baucom