[G4] [OT] Correct English Flame War

keith_w keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon Feb 23 13:16:00 PST 2009

Richard Klein wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 2:32 PM, keith_w <keith_w at dslextreme.com> wrote:
>> That statement is without meaning to me.
>> How do you define a 'language academy' and of what use/authority is it?
>> Do you know of any other (than the U.S.) country that has one?

> France has some kind of organization that decides which words are
> accepted into the French language and which aren't.

Mer*e! I had temporarily forgotten that!
France is one country that has always jealously maintained, or tried to
maintain, the purity of it's national language. I should have remembered that...
In fact, now that I recall, those in Quebec, Canada's French speaking province
(?) fiercely adhere to that same state of mind!
Quebec! Who else would have a _Musée de la Civilisation_? I love the fervor!

keith whaley