10.4.11 KILLED my mac What have I done/[G4]

Robert H. Baucom rbtbcm at owc.net
Sat Feb 28 13:35:10 PST 2009

I'd suspect the power supply only if the screen was black. He needs
another computer and an external disk drive. Use the other computer
to install 10.4 on the ext. disk drive. Install the sonnet or what
ever it is enabler software on it. Then boot up with the external HD.
If the  internal HD doesn't show up on the desktop, then you might
suspect the Power Supply getting power to the internal HD. OR if it's
getting power the internal drive could be deader than DISCO.
I've been there  with PowerComputing rigs with a G3 daughter card,
trying to get the  enabler SW installed onto a new or replacement HD.
It's maddening.
RHB