10.4.11 KILLED my mac What have I done/[G4]

gifutiger gifutiger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 14:35:54 PST 2009

Did you read and complied with the following?
Read Before You Install
Power Mac G4 SuperDrive Firmware Update 1.0

The Power Mac G4 SuperDrive Firmware Update 1.0 application installs
new firmware on the SuperDrive which addresses an incompatibility with
4x DVD-R and 2x DVD-RW media, and the 2x SuperDrive in the Power Mac
G4. You must perform this update if you intend to use 4x DVD-R or 2x
DVD-RW media in your Power Mac G4. This update also enables you to
eject audio CDs that are copy-protected or have mastering errors. This
update is required only for the Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio), the
Power Mac G4 (Quicksilver) and the Power Mac G4 (Quicksilver 2002)
with an internal Apple SuperDrive.

System Requirements
Power Mac G4 (Digital Audio), Power Mac G4 (Quicksilver), or Power Mac
G4 (Quicksilver 2002) with an internal Apple SuperDrive.

Installing the Power Mac SuperDrive Firmware Update 1.0
1. Save all open documents and quit all applications.
2. If a disc is in the SuperDrive, drag its icon to the Trash to eject
the disc.
3. Double-click the SuperDrive Firmware Update application icon.
4. Type in an administrator password.
5. Click Update.

If you experience problems and are not able to update the firmware
using this program, contact your local authorized Apple service
provider.

Important: Do not reset, shut down, or turn off power to your computer
while updating the firmware. Doing so may damage your SuperDrive.

© 2002 Apple Computer, Inc. All rights reserved. Apple, the Apple
logo, and Power Mac are trademarks of Apple Computer, Inc., registered
in the U.S. and other countries. SuperDrive is a trademark of Apple
Computer, Inc.