[G4] external drive don´t show up in finder or on desktop G4

stefan möller stefan.moller at telgecity.com
Wed Jan 14 10:20:13 PST 2009

Hi everyone!

I have a gigasmart FW400/usb2 external drive that I´m trying to connect
to my G4 with OSX3.9.

I´ve had it for a while but it´s a long time since I´ve been using it.
This is because my internal drives was over loaded. Now I have been
doing a major clensing and reinstalled OSX 3.9 , so there should be
enough space to make it run.

I can see in the system profiler that the computer detects it. I can
also see the images of the drive(1main+ 4 partitions) in the disk
utility.

But.... I can´t see it on desktop nor the sidebar ...I can´t find a way
to open up the disk...

*I have been checkin both type of connections with same result.
*I remember I nearly maxed it out though I did save a lot of stuff on
it.
*In disk utility I can see the main disk fully but the partitions are
greyed out.

Could there be an explanation in any of this?
What do I have to do to make it show up in finder or on the desktop?

best regards
stefan möller

G4 800 quicksilver (single processor)
OSX 3.9