[G4] (G4) Unix executable files on G4?

Eric Wood ewood at izoom.net
Mon Mar 2 13:15:45 PST 2009

Am 02.03.2009 um 13:13 schrieb Ingrid Mager:

> recently, quite a few of my files mysteriously turned into "unix
> execuatble" files. Most of them were files seem to be from within PC
> installers, but some of them are also files in Mac applications.
>
> Anybody got a clue what might be going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Inga

It's been my experience that files without an extension, which are
then transferred on a non-Apple filesystem will lose their filetypes,
and they will often show up then as executables in the Finder. If you
know what kinds of files they are, try adding the appropriate
extension (e.g .doc or .cwk for MS Word and AppleWorks, respectively)
to the file name.

Eric W.