[G4] (G4) Unix executable files on G4?

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 13:19:39 PST 2009

Greetings Inga ( + )!( + )
You should be able to correct the incorrect file information if you run the
"Disk Utility"
First select the disk in question and then select "First Aid"

Next click on the button "Repair Disk Permissions" and as long at the file
that was created when OS X was first installed everything should be
corrected.

You might want to run "Repair Disk Permissions"a least three (3) times
because sometimes the first and second pass might uncover (repair) some
items that that need to be passed over again before they are set to the
correct status.

If everything is not corrected then you might want to run the
above procedure from the install disk.

Cheers

 - Harry -
ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?ºº?ø,¸¸,ø?º?ø

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM, Ingrid Mager <wolfiebear at coldreams.com>wrote:

> recently, quite a few of my files mysteriously turned into "unix
> execuatble" files. Most of them were files seem to be from within PC
> installers, but some of them are also files in Mac applications.
>
> Anybody got a clue what might be going on?
>
> Thanks,
> Inga

Harry