[G4] Router setup question.

John Niven senseamp at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 3 10:22:22 PST 2009

I have an Xserve setup at home that is running Tiger Server. It has two ethernet ports. I also installed a four port pci ethernet card. I'm trying to set it up to connect and share my internet with my home lan.

There is a very easy "wizzard" that does that. You tell it which port has the "input" and which ports to share that on. My idea was to use the extra ports to replace my networks switch. However the wizard gives each "out" port a different address, like:
192.168.2.1
192.168.3.1
ect.

So when you connect a different computer to each port they can each see the server, but not any of the other computers. I guess they are all on different "LAN".

I'm stretching the limits of my network knowledge here, but then thats the whole point :-)

How do I change the setup so all my macs can see each other?

John