[G4] slow bus? maybe

RELNGSON at aol.com RELNGSON at aol.com
Wed Oct 7 12:24:26 PDT 2009

My G4 MDD (acquired used for $250 a few years back) started out as a dual
867 but I upgraded it to a dual 1.6 (bus speed 133mhz) last year, moved the
Super drive from my old G4 along with the Radeon 9800 Pro (256mb), added a
USB 2.0 card and what with the 2GB of ram, it's pretty hard to make a case for
buying an Intel machine. I have looked at Leopard at the Apple store and
consulted with one of their experts and we both came to the conclusion that I
might as well stick with 10.4.11. Aside from the noise the thing makes, it's
doing it's job, but there is always the temptation............

Maybe I'm missing something.

Roger E/Seattle