[G4] Slow bus :(

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Wed Oct 7 09:06:45 PDT 2009

I think you would probably notice a drop in performance from your
internal drive to a USB drive. Your G4 system probably has ATA/66
so your internal drive xfer speed is 66 MB/s, and while as I said
USB 2.0 speed is theoretically 60 MB/s, in practice it's probably
more like 40.

No, I never sold you anything. :)

Eric S.