[G4] HD OK?

RELNGSON at aol.com RELNGSON at aol.com
Thu Oct 22 12:03:02 PDT 2009

> ..I think the idea that there's something mechanically wrong with the HD,
> and replacing the HD will fix the problem, is just off-base....

Logical.

The one thing I haven't done is wipe the drive clean, reinstall OSX and all
upgrades and then reload it from my external backup. The question being
then, since the files backed up are the possibly corrupted ones, will it
overwrite the new and presumably OK with the old corrupted ones or just skip over
them?

I think I would want to temporarily hold off reinstalling OS9.2 until I can
take a look at it with nothing but OS10.4.11 and maybe a file or two and
then manually drag them across one by one until the trouble surfaces. If any
of this worked, that is.

RE