[G4] Hard drive replacement advice, please

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Thu Oct 22 14:02:17 PDT 2009

I don't understand how a drive could cause this.  I would try
swapping the positions of the 2 drives (verify jumpers).  See if the
problem follows the drive or remains with the position.  Maybe a
cable or connector problem?

I have been using Hitachi drives for about 5 years now in 7 Macs
including 3 ibooks, and a dual 1Ghz MDD.  No problems.  I have two
(2) 250 Gb drives in the MDD.  I pick a drive and buy it where I get
the best price.  The link below shows Hitachi drives for your machine.

Dan

http://www.hitachigst.com/portal/site/en/template.MAXIMIZE/menuitem.
81460ed582456489760062f6aac4f0a0/?
javax.portlet.tpst=5b1ca30c0812ff36f1ba137fdf243c48_ws_MX&javax.portlet.
prp_5b1ca30c0812ff36f1ba137fdf243c48_viewID=middle_view&beanID=664948165
&viewID=middle_view&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&ja
vax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken