[G4] slience of the PRAMs??

Glen McKnight glen.mcknight at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 13:56:17 PDT 2009

On 23 Oct 2009, at 16:12, charles whited wrote:

> Hey to all!, I have a g4 dual 500 running 10.39. Heres whats up, not
> bonging at start up or reset. All other sounds/alerts normal, when
> it goes to sleep on its own it wakes up fine but when i put it to
> sleep it wont wake, i have to interrupt power and do a cold start.
> other than that all is ok?????  can anyone identify me problem.
> Thanks!!

Hi

There used to be a sleep (low power mode) problem with G4s not waking
from sleep if they had cards in the PCI slots, have you got a card in
one of these slots, I had a problem with my G4 and eventually got so
fed up restarting I stopped it going to sleep, I don't know if it
still a problem as I haven't tested it for years now.
If this is the problem you can go to your profiler and it will say
something like 'low power mode disabled'.

Have Fun

Glen