[G4] snow leopard

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Tue Sep 22 13:47:36 PDT 2009

Eric Smith wrote:
> Keith Whaley wrote:
>> Eric Smith wrote:

[...]

> As late as 10.4 with Classic mode
> I could still run a 1986 version of MacPaint from my original Mac Plus
> system. A 20+ year-old program running under the latest OS! Now, however,
> Apple seems determined that your new system will be obsolete in two years
> and completely unsupported in less than five.
>
> Eric S.

It sort of hurts to be saddled with a long-term love affair with a computer
system, of great historic and intrinsic value, about which the current keepers
choose to consider quaint...
That's a put-down, no matter HOW one looks at it.

I went thru the very same thing with AutoCad for the Mac.
AutoDesk eventually decided that having a Mac version was (what?) limiting or
simply bothersome, an annoyance, and summarily dumped it.

They did the very same thing with GeneriCADD. A slightly cumbersome but
otherwise capable and superb product, in it's own way. Into the rubbish;
competition gone...

keith