[G4] snow leopard

Keith Whaley keith_w at dslextreme.com
Tue Sep 22 14:39:00 PDT 2009

Eric Smith wrote:
> Keith Whaley wrote:
>> Eric Smith wrote:

>>> Some of the disk space saving is due to the removal of PPC code,
>>> but that is not the major factor. The greatest part of the space
>>> reclaimed came from optimizing localization files.

>> Aren't localization files those files necessary for using the Mac OS
>> with languages other than English?

> That's right. Here's an article that explains it much better than I can:
> <http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/08/06/27/solving_the_mystery_of_snow_leopards_shrinking_apps.html>

Wow! Impressive site.

I just downloaded Monolingual and saved 1.23 GB of HD space.
Not impressive in terms of "freeing up space" but in fact, all thse
meaningless language files loading had to take a toll somewhere...

I'll be keeping track as I go along.
Just DELETING all those files took nearly 6 minutes, as fast as my 2.0 Ghz
processor chip could handle it, so how can it NOT make a difference...

Thanks,  keith