[G4] looking for OS 9.2.2 (late 2002)

Bruce Ryan Nakamura galilao at lava.net
Thu Apr 8 08:38:32 PDT 2010

Hello Dave,

Is your MDD a Firewire 800 model? If so, you will not be able to boot
up natively in OS 9.

Only the Firewire 400 MDD's without Firewire 800 can boot natively in
OS 9. If your MDD is a Firewire 400 only model, then you need to get
the gray colored software install disks that were shipped with the
Firewire 400 MDD's. The retail edition of OS 9 will NOT  run on
MDD's. I own 3 Firewire 400 dual boot MDD's and found out the hard way.

You might be able to find the Firewire 400 MDD software install disks
on Ebay.

Hope this helps.