[G4] looking for OS 9.2.2 (late 2002)

OBrien bco at hiwaay.net
Thu Apr 8 09:58:54 PDT 2010

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:19:46 -0500, Dave Dent wrote:
> I have a 4 disk recovery set (OS 9.2.2 & OS X) but that is not
> working, it keeps telling me after the first disk "communication
> error, check helper tool, application bundle"?  I would like to buy
> an original OS9 disk can you lead me in any direction?

I assume you are wanting to +boot+ the Mac into Sys9 (I'm not sure, but I don't think you can run the Sys9 Classic setup with OSX.10.5.)

Maybe, your OSX/Sys9 installation isn't for your particular Mac. Go to eBay, for one, and look for a used retail box of Sys9.

By the way, how are you trying to do the installation. It's been a long time, so I don't remember exactly...maybe, you can install Sys9 separately from OSX...possibly on a different HD.