[G4] * * * G4 problem

Don bgnss at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 19 15:57:36 PDT 2010

Hi guys;

Since we're talking about G4 problems, I have one
for the last few weeks too.

Its a tower that has the push buttons on the front.

When I pushbutton start, the led light comes on and
there are four tones, then after a few seconds, a
'four flash' led reaction, and then the led stays
on... only to repeat after another several seconds.

The machine will not start up further.

With no troubleshooting done yet, am suspicious that
it is suggesting either a hosed mobo, or else a bad
ramchip.  Maybe someone can pin down for sure before
I go on the fishing expedition.

Thanks
Don

Advice is a funny thing; the wise don't need it,
and the fool won't listen