[G4] Keyboard and USB

Alan Kidner akidner at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 23 11:46:33 PDT 2010

Hi John

I can answer just part of your message.  As the external USB drive has
its own power it should work when plugged in to your new keyboard.
However, although the keyboard has a built in USB 2 hub you will not get
USB 2 performance unless the keyboard is connected to a USB 2 port on
your computer.  I am not familiar with all the G4 specifications but I
think  it's true to say that you are unlikely to have a USB 2 port
unless a PCI card adding this functionality has been added since its
manufacture.

Sorry I can't answer your questions about startup drives.

Best regards,   Alan