[G4] G4 Digest, Vol 72, Issue 5, Startup Drive

Eric Smith eric-s-smith at comcast.net
Mon Aug 23 16:49:25 PDT 2010

Not entirely true; it depends on what model of G4 you have.
My Sawtooth will boot from a USB drive.

Here is the official word from Apple:
<http://support.apple.com/kb/TA25908?viewlocale=en_US>

"Beginning with the Power Mac G4 (AGP Graphics) and the
iMac (Slot-Loading), two new features to USB are most apparent:
support for USB audio devices and booting from USB drives."

Eric S.