[G4] G4 shut-down woes

CDT cdt at globaldsl.net
Wed Feb 17 18:57:04 PST 2010

On Feb 17, 2010, at 12:58 PM, Peter Webster wrote:

> I have an old Sawtooth G4, 500GHz AGP graphics, 1 gig of SDRAM

Try the Open Firmware resets.  These, for some reason, correct lots
of strange problems.  It's where I always start.  Simple and often
works.

On startup, after the chime, hold down these 4 keys:  CMD (apple),
Option, letter O and letter F.

When told to release the keys to continue, type the following three
lines.  NOTE:  the dash is necessary.  It should say OK after each
return.

reset-nvram (return )

set-defaults (return)

reset-all (return)

The machine should then reboot and startup normally.  Good Luck!

Dan