[G4] Internal hard drive for MDD

John Smutko smutt235 at mac.com
Mon Feb 22 07:20:05 PST 2010

You'll find stalwarts for each of the common manufacturer promoting their favorite with the same gusto reserved for political party, religion, and Operating System choice…

Truth is, magnetic storage is pretty much a commodity these days, with each manufacturer turning out the odd individual rubbishy drive.  A quick search on NewEgg just gave me a range of $55 (bargain) to $300 (ridiculous for your purposes, I expect).

All of that said, I've been running WD drives in my Sawtooth ("Green" SATA 1TB) and Quicksilver (250 GB Ultra IDE) with no problems (hard drive related, anyway) for a bit over a year now.  The Sawtooth is now the house fileserver and therefore has relatively heavy I/O use…

John Smutko
smutt235 at mac.com

January 20, 2009