[G4] Internal hard drive for MDD

Richard Klein richspk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 07:18:09 PST 2010

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 5:21 AM, Bruce Ryan Nakamura <galilao at lava.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is a good reliable 500GB internal hard drive for my dual 1.25 Ghz
> processors MDD, Hitachi, Seagate, Western Digital?

All the manufacturers seem to have a bad run of drives sooner or
later.  I've had bad luck with Western Digital drives, but their
Caviar Black line has a 5-year warranty.  I'd give them another shot.
I had good luck with Seagate for something like 15 years, but I just
had to have them replace a 1TB drive that failed after about a year.
I've had good luck with Hitachi, but they took over IBM's hard drive
business not long after the infamous IBM "Death Star" drives (IBM
called them Desk Star, but they had a very high failure rate that led
to a class action suit).

I'd just go for the drive with the longest warranty.

--
Rich
Sent from Marlborough, Massachusetts, United States