[G4] Leopard on a Digital Audio

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Sat Jun 19 18:50:25 PDT 2010

In a message dated 6/19/10 8:59:46 PM, ftf at mac.com writes:

> > The kernel to run a Powerbook is not the same kernel to run a G4 DA.
> > If you have a legal copy of the retail (for all systems) Leopard
> > there is a hack that will make the install script think that is Okay
> > to proceed with the install.

In a message dated 6/19/10 8:59:46 PM, ftf at mac.com writes:

> > Use LeopardAssist:    <http://sourceforge.net/projects/leopardassist/>

...you folks are right!   I had forgotten ALL of the special rules and
stuff regarding Leopard!

Couldn't find my "install on all" Leopard home-brewed disk, so I resorted
to cloning a working "anymac" Leopard install (off of a Indigo iMac of all
things!) for the DA - works fine now!

It's been a long time since I had to deal with this issue -- years ago, we
(Daystar) were scrambling around getting folks onto Leopard who stubbornly
wanted to hold onto their older machines.   These days, it's mostly data
transfers while these SATA Hard Drive prices are so low, and smashed
MBook/MBPros LCDs...!

Thanks to all!

Craig W.
The Texas’Dawg,