[G4] Leopard on a Digital Audio

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 12:31:45 PDT 2010

Good Sunday & Father's Day, true believers....

Continuing with my efforts to get Leopard on my PowerMac G4 DA. I have run
into this particular quandry....

I have the following hard drives:

(1) a NO-BOOT Leopard HDD made with a normal Leopard install disc & my PB
G4 1.5ghz laptop.   It will boot the Powerbook of course, and any other
machine made for Leopard.   NOT the DA, of course.

(2) an ANY-BOOT Leopard HDD that was created by my shop (Daystar)'s install
on anything Leopard Disk.   It will boot on a G3 Imac, a G3 iBook...
anything!   Needless to say it WILL ALSO boot my DA...

Now, after being reminded by the list about the ins-and-outs of Leopard on
a <867mhz machine, I cloned the (2) any-boot leopard drive's contents to a
new drive in my DA.   And, leopard booted on my DA.   No prob!

Then, I went to migrating the contents FROM MY (1) no-boot leopard HDD
(that would not boot the DA), onto the DA's (leopard-bootable) drive.   AND....
FOR SOME REASON IT RENDERED THE DA's DRIVE NON-BOOTABLE IN LEOPARD ...
AGAIN!

Obviously all I need to do is redo the cloning again, but THIS TIME do not
migrate the info from the non-bootable Leopard drive!   No problem with
that... but can anyone TELL ME WHY THIS IS SO?

Craig W.
The Texas’Dawg,
Houston, TX – Atlanta, GA

Powermac G4 Q'Silver