[G4] Leopard on a Digital Audio // G4 Digest, Vol 70, Issue 6

COCCORP at aol.com COCCORP at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 08:44:07 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Yes, I finally found out my issue.   My mistake was assuming that a Leopard
install done on any PPC machine ≥876mhz G4 would work on any machine
thereafter...

I used to know better(!).

It all started when we (Daystar) sold our shop machine, a 1ghz eMac.   We
took the HDD from it and put it in a Indigo G3 SL iMac we had in storage..
and lo and behold, it worked.   s-l-o-w-l-y(!), but it did work... and it
allowed us to type a key/go get coffee/type another key/go to the restroom(!)
HA!

That gave me the false impression that a healthy Leopard install on a
compliant G4 machine would work anywhere else... WRONG!

THE INSTALL on the shop eMac's HDD itself was done by a modified version of
Leopard that would work on any machine; we had them back when Daystar
upgraded Lombards and Pismos to G4s.   I did not know the special nature of the
install until I tried to do all I mentioned previously -- install Leopard on
a compliant machine then swap the HDD to the DA PMac G4.

Once I concluded -- (WITH [G4]'s help!!!!   THANKS!!!!) -- that the shop's
HDD was special, I cloned it to the PMac and all was well.   Leopard on the
DA.

 Craig W.
The Texas’Dawg,
Houston, TX – Atlanta, GA