[G4] How do I get my monitor to work?

John Turner thebear1 at rcn.com
Fri Jun 25 11:57:26 PDT 2010

--
I have a serious problem. I just got a brand new G4 Mirror, the 1GHZ
model. I have a VGA monitor the Samsung SyncMaster 955DF. I have been
using this monitor on my G3 which has died. I have connected it
through the Apple DVI to VGA adapter and the monitor will not work. I
bought another adapter from Apple and still does does not work. I was
told that maybe the port was bad so I replaced the board and it still
doesn't work. On the G3 the monitor required an adapter from
Samsung...we got it and the monitor has been wonderful. The adapter
will not work on the G4 it will  not fit into  the ports and will not
work with the Apple adapter.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I am desperate. I have a
manuscript for a book to be published and need my MAC!

Thanks for all assistance,

John-Gregory
thebear1 at rcn.com
773-274-3616

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Jimi Hendrix</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<FONT FACE="Apple Chancery">When the power of love is stronger than
the love of power, the world will then know peace -Jimi
Hendrix</FONT><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>