[G4] OS 10.4.8 and OS 9.2.2 on G4 Mirror 1GHZ

Bruce Ryan Nakamura galilao at lava.net
Tue Jun 29 20:24:33 PDT 2010

Hello,

You need to get the grey colored disks that shipped with your MDD
from the factory. Retail editions of OS 9 will not work, I found out
the hard way.

I understand that you can order these MDD specific disks from Apple,
but I don't know what the price is.

The proper MDD specific grey colored disks will put OS 10.3 and 9.2
on one drive, then you can update up to 10.4.11.

You cannot install from black colored or white colored disks and run
both OS 10 and OS 9. I found out the hard way.

Hope this helps,

Scot "Bruce" Nakamura