[G4] G4 Sawtooth Airport Woes

Peter Webster petermwebster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 10:18:18 PST 2010

Dear Informed List:

I recently posted a shut-down problem for my 500GHz G4 Sawtooth, 1 gig
SDRAM, running OS 10.3.9 which was resolved: shut downs ok now.

Today I booted up and tried to activate the Airport card and got the
notification that "Airport Card not installed."

"About this Mac" shows that I do have an card installed - I did it myself -
and using Network from System Preferences also tells me I have a card, but
after briefly flashing the address on the Airport symbol triangle, nothing.

I ran Disk Utility to repair preferences, nothing.

Could the card have become unseated (this computer is on a very stable
computer table) or died?

Any advice most welcome, as I use this old beast a lot online.

Thanks
Posted from a MacBook

--
peter m. webster