[G4] Installing OSX 10.3 on a Powermac G4 quicksilver 800 (2002)

Andrew Finch andrewfinch at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Mar 15 11:41:33 PDT 2010

Dear All,

As a newbie, I have been given a G4 800mhz Quicksilver 2002 without a hard drive. I added an unformatted drive, and have tested the hard wear with Ubuntu Linux Live CD which runs Linux from CD without installing fine. However, I appear not to be able to install the real software, and suspect the CD's, but would welcome advice. I purchase new, sealed OSX 10.3 DVDs, useless to me, but came with two back up CD versions, which, I manually place in the CD drive, fire up holding the "C" button down, and watch the finder in a folder, and ? pulse on the display. The CD drive fires to full speed in 12 to 14 second bursts. Am I missing something, or is it likely duff CD? Can I get legit OSX 10.3 in the UK without ebay?
Thanks

Trying to escape windows