[G4] 400mghz Power Mac G4 1.75GB Ram

Tony Dabney islandvisitor at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:10:59 PDT 2010

There is a lot to the performance of any mac.
Several things help/hinder speed and no accurate (guess) can be made without
knowing several of them.
1) which mac do you have (CPU and speed, I bought a dual 1.25 GHz Mirror
Drive Door Power *Mac - ** the stock video card that came in it is an **ATI
Raedion 9000 pro*
**2) how much ram (500 MB - 1 gig - 2 gig? - I have 2 gigs) the difference
in loading up the picture onto a monitors screen will go much faster if you
are dumping a shoebox full of data instead of a matchbox
3) are you using Safari or some other browser?
4) what speed connection are you using (big difference but yet not the end
all be all factor. ATT had a $15/month special on medium speed connection of
3.0 MB download-
You should also look up the Mac User group near you and try to go to some
meetings if it's not to far. You can learn a lot and ask questions and meet
other mac enthusiasts.

Tony - the island visitor guy