[G4] Leopard crashes

KReitz kristen at atmyhome.org
Mon Dec 5 22:56:39 PST 2011

On Dec 5, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Steven Six wrote:

> I installed the NewerTech dual 1.6 processor and 2G RAM on my Sawtooth 3 years ago. No problems with Tiger. I later upgraded to Leopard with no problems. I did, however, have some similar issues to what you are describing when I installed a couple of PCI cards, so I had to ditch them. Not sure if that is related to your problems though. The short of it is that I do know the processor should be running just fine with Leopard. Perhaps another attempt at the Leopard install is what you need.
>
> On Dec 5, 2011 , at 5:11 PM, KReitz <kristen at atmyhome.org> wrote:

Well Steven, I think the processors I have then aren't trustworthy perhaps. I don't have any PCI cards installed except a Sonnet Tempo which is the SATA controller for the SATA drive. I suppose I could remove that card and put the original ATA drive back in and see what happens. I left the computer running today and after 3 hours it was asleep again. When I woke it everything functioned just fine. I guess if I hold my tongue just right and cross my fingers it can work……

To be sure it's better behaved under Tiger then Leopard

Kristen

Protect your privacy and mine too.
Use PGP to sign your mail

http://www.gnupg.org/