[G4] Leopard crashes

Harry Freeman gifutiger at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 03:13:33 PST 2011

The Tempo SATA card does not seem to work properly in my Power Mac G4. Do I
need different firmware? Apr-25-10

Some customers have experienced problems with the current version of the
firmware in older G4 machines. Sonnet suggests downgrading the firmware to
the Version 5.13, which can be found at
http://www.firmtek.com/download/SeriTek1S2_513.zip
----------------------------------

On Monday, December 5, 2011, KReitz <kristen at atmyhome.org> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2011, at 6:29 PM, Steven Six wrote:
>
>> I installed the NewerTech dual 1.6 processor and 2G RAM on my Sawtooth 3
years ago. No problems with Tiger. I later upgraded to Leopard with no
problems. I did, however, have some similar issues to what you are
describing when I installed a couple of PCI cards, so I had to ditch them.
Not sure if that is related to your problems though. The short of it is
that I do know the processor should be running just fine with Leopard.
Perhaps another attempt at the Leopard install is what you need.

>> On Dec 5, 2011 , at 5:11 PM, KReitz <kristen at atmyhome.org> wrote:
>>

> Well Steven, I think the processors I have then aren't trustworthy
perhaps. I don't have any PCI cards installed except a Sonnet Tempo which
is the SATA controller for the SATA drive. I suppose I could remove that
card and put the original ATA drive back in and see what happens. I left
the computer running today and after 3 hours it was asleep again. When I
woke it everything functioned just fine. I guess if I hold my tongue just
right and cross my fingers it can work……

--
Harry