[G4] Stuck Zip Disk???

Skygram skygram at gmail.com
Sat Feb 12 21:50:41 PST 2011

Kenn,

I just Googled the issue by describing your zip drive problem and it seems
that over the years this has happened to many people. There is a lot of
online material on this problem. So there are many ideas that have been
tossed around to solve this problem of the stuck zip disk. I would try that
looking online.

I have a few zip drives in uncertain states of repair but I long ago stopped
using zip disks entirely. You might be able to find a decent used one on
eBay, but I suggest getting a USB2 card instead and using a USB2 flash
drive. Installing a USB2 card isn't hard and they are quite cheap. This is
what I did with my old G4. It took me literally 5 minutes to install a
Belkin 5 port USB2 card. It was immediately recognized by the G4. I was
using Tiger at that point.

As a last resort someone wrote that you should use some narrow point pliers
and pull that sucker outta there!

Good luck,

Bill