[G4] My G4 is purring along

D V drteknik at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 14 16:08:52 PST 2011

Dear List Members,

Thanks for the 'ping' test ... I, too, was wondering if I had been dropped
or the listserv was down.

There's a 'new' browser out, TenFourFox, which runs on a G4, and it runs in
Mac OS(UNI)X 10.4.

Note:
You'd probably need to make a separate profile if you want to keep your
information and add-ons separate from FireFox's. I have had to deal with the
startup add-on dialog saying one or the other browser's add-ons are not
usable in the present one as I launch the other.

http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox

It was brought to my attention by using Classilla, and noticing the
announcement of a 'sister site'.

Classilla is for those of us who still run Classic (I run Mac OS 8.6). It is
a Classic PPC browser that replaces WamCom/Mozilla/Netscape quite nicely.

http://www.floodgap.com/software/classilla

Have a good weekend.

--

D V
drteknik at earthlink.net

``When you have your head in the freezer and your feet in the oven, on
average, you're doing okay.''