[G4] Geforce 6200 agp PowerMac g4 (MDD)

Alan Kidner akidner at ntlworld.com
Thu Jul 14 10:17:21 PDT 2011

I am using a flashed GeForce 7800GS in my MDD G4.  Got most of the
information I needed from The Mac Elite
(http://themacelite.wikidot.com/nvidia-geforce).  Flashing the card was
a bit of a game and I am unable to flash it back to its original state.
Fortunately it works, although the monitor flashes plain black and then
blue for about a minute during boot up!

The XFX 6200 card on the Mac Elite website looks totally different to
yours so I would be surprised if the ROM for that card worked on yours.
You could try it but in my experience it would be risky and you might
end up with an unusable graphics card.

With regard to the memory.  I don't think it would do any harm to try
the PC3200 memory but I have found Macs to be more fussy than PCs in
this respect and I think it is unlikely to work and especially so as you
plan to
mix it with PC2700.

I hope this helps.
-----------------------------------

On 14/07/2011 06:55, deivid cardona wrote:
 > Hi
 > I'm new here, (also in the mac world)I have a PowerMac G4 MDD model:
M8570. With 1Ghz PPC, 256 Mb of Ram, and an ATI Radeon 9000 pro. i want
to upgrade the video card with an EVGA 9200 agp 256Mb that i have .

 > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130233
 >
 > - Could this model be flashed to work on mac? because i only found
roms for XFX, i've saw a lot of posts before ask, and i found there a
lot of people well-running geforce 6200 on Power mac g4.

 > I don't know if my model could be flashed, please help me
 > PD: i have installed 256mb ram PC2700, and i have another 256mb ram
to upgrade it to 512, but this one is PC3200... is there any problem if
i put them together.