[G4] Mystic MMP upgrade

Perry Mitchell perry.mitchell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:12:19 PDT 2011

On 03/06/2011 21:06, kristen wrote:
> List,
>
> Hi, I just joined the list
>
> 	I am searching for a processor upgrade for my Mystic MMP Gigabit Mac. It
> has dual 400Mhz processors now. I keep finding Sonnets Encore/ST labeled
> processors. But I think those are for the single processor G4 models. I'm just
> running into walls and getting no where.
>
> I wonder if there are any dual processor upgrades for my model of Mac? If
> anyone knows where to find a used processor upgrade I would love to hear about
> it
>
> Thank you all for your time
>
> Kristen
Speaking generally, processor upgrades are usually rediculously
over-priced when they first get released. However, if you are lucky
enough to catch an upgrade down the line in a clear-out sale then you
can get some good bargains that actually make sense. I upgraded my DP450
G4 to DP1.2GHz for about $200, where I believe it had originally sold
for several times that price. If you are willing to risk s/h kit then
you can pick up even better bargains - I found a G4 processor for my old
9600 for peanuts on Ebay!
Perry