[G4] Best graphics card for a G4 MDD

KReitz kristen at atmyhome.org
Fri Nov 11 17:17:34 PST 2011

On Nov 11, 2011, at 4:04 PM, Jon Scordia wrote:

> Hi folks, A few months ago I set my parents up with a great Dual Mirrored Door G4 Mac (Dual 1GHz) but it's paltry 32mb graphics card is letting it down.
>
> Can you please recommend me the best options for a new graphics card for this machine? I believe there was a built to order option for a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 128 MB graphics card.
>
> But is there anything better?
>
> Many thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Jon

Like you Jon, I have an original 32MB card in my G4 I wish to have replaced. I have been looking into replacement video cards but haven't taken the plunge yet. I was hoping to gleam more information from this list. Getting a replacement card seems to be a bit complicated or if you don't mind spending lots of money, they can be had already flashed on eBay. And I do mean lots of money. To me the pre flashed cards are not worth the investment. Which I gather means you must purchase a PC card and then flash the ROM for compatibility with a Mac.

I have looked this site over as it speaks specifically to video cards for Macs

http://themacelite.wikidot.com/start

Let us know what you put together?

Kristen