[G4] Hard drive upgrade options?

KReitz kristen at atmyhome.org
Tue Sep 13 13:44:48 PDT 2011

I am consider options to speeding up my Gigabit G4 MMD. (Mystic) While I waiting for bidding to end on a dual processor I found though eBay, I am looking at my hard drive situation. Right now I have the stock ATA-66 drive on the 100Mhz mother board. I am evaluation drive options and looking for some input.

Can I add SATA I or II? Do you even get the benefit?
Can I add a RAID controller (or 2) and run dual SATA's as RAID 1?
Can an SSD drive for the OS and a SATA or PATA drive be added for the data?

Has anyone tried these solutions with success?

Kristen