[G4] Moutain Lion and MS Office Mac

D V drteknik at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 8 09:02:44 PDT 2012

It was written:

> Micro$oft Office for Mac 2004 will not run on Lion.
> Note: Previous MacOS versions supported Rosetta, an Apple Mac OSX bridge
> technology that enabled applications such as Office for Mac 2004 to run on the
> latest chip architecture for Mac. Because Lion no longer supports Rosetta,
> applications that relied on it will no longer function under the new MacOS."
>
> It says Office 2004 will not run on Lion
>
> It also states that Office is supported through Rosetta which is a software
> bridge that allows PowerPC applications to run on Intel processors. But
> Rosetta has been dropped from Lion so that bridge is not gone.
>
> Having never used or owned Office 2004 I wouldn't know other then what I have
> read. So how then are you running Office 2004 on Lion? Is it really working?
> According to Microsoft it's not working and your not using it on a Lion
> install. Maybe you have an Office 2008 version instead? Maybe it appears to be
> functional but is really broken and Microsoft isn't going to support it.

Avoid all this confusion and get OpenOffice.org

They just came out with a new version...

http://openoffice.org/

I have to open stuff that AppleWorks or ClarisWorks (v 2!) refuses to even
see in the open dialog listbox, so I have to use the older version of
OpenOffice (3.2.0). Does a great job without any MicroShaft apps needed.

Cheers

--

D VanderYacht
drteknik at earthlink.net

I was a Mac user when beleaguered Apple Computer Inc. was doomed.