[G4] Old mini or other machine for cheap/free?

Amir 'CG' Caspi cepheid at ssl.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 23 13:43:40 PST 2012

Hi John,

 	Hmm, that might be a good point.  I bought this particular machine
2nd-hand so I wasn't aware of a firmware upgrade that was necessary for
the CPU upgrade.  I did indeed reset PRAM but I did that only after things
wouldn't boot properly... but that's a good point.
 	I will try to dig up the firmware CD if I even have it.  But, how
will I be able to boot into the CD to install the new firmware?!  Wouldn't
this have to be done using the old CPU, which I don't have?
 	I'm not sure it's the mobo itself, it might be the CPU upgrade
which died... hard to check and I'm not sure it's worth the effort to try
and replace it.

 	I'll see if I can find and re-install the firmware for the CPU
upgrade.

Thanks!
 						-- Amir