[G4] Old mini or other machine for cheap/free?

John Smutko smutt235 at mac.com
Thu Feb 23 17:28:13 PST 2012

Hey Amir

I think we've found the problem, or, at least, one of them.  Which Processor upgrade do you have?  Here's the installation guide for the 7447A and 7448 processors:

http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/manuals/newertech/maxpower/nwtmang4max.pdf

If you look at the troubleshooting section, you can see what happened when you reset the PRAM.  IF you have the CD you can just follow the instructions and at least get the processor to work properly again, the CD is bootable insofar as getting you to a screen that will let you upgrade the firmware.

If you don't have the CD, I can put up a disk image you can burn one from, email me privately at the address in my signature.

John
John Smutko
smutt235 at mac.com

I'd like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude for the fine job the folks at the NSA are doing