[G4] Browser unsupported

Kristen R kristen at atmyhome.org
Mon Feb 27 10:59:45 PST 2012

On Feb 27, 2012, at 6:50 AM, D V wrote:

> G4 list,
>
> To address the 'Your browser is not supported' crap, try spoofing
> another
> browser. I use iCab. If, after that, your browser is still rejected
> when you
> return, just don't visit that site and tell all your friends to
> avoid it too
> because the webmaster refuses to accept and use compatibility
> standards.
>
> Zing the webmaster this info (presuming you can find an eMail
> address for
> the webmaster to send it to):
>
> - - - - - - X%- - - - - - X% [CUT HERE] - - - - - - X%- - - - - - X%
>
> "I understand some older browsers have security issues, but each and
> every
> browser I tried that was rejected by your site was SSH

I think you might have intended to say SSL instead of referring to SSH
(Secure Shell)?

	Here's a good one of interest at http://www.fasfa.ed.gov/  the
message below I receive when attempting to log in. The clever
Windows .NET developers suggest these browsers but the website will
always disallow you to continue. I must report my browser as IE 8 in
order to log in. It matters not if I'm using OS X or Linux with
Safari, Firefox variants, Epiphany, Camino, or Galeon. I do use
Firefox with an extension that falsely reports my browser version with
success.
" The browsers listed below have been certified for use with FAFSA on
the Web. If you choose to use a browser other than the ones listed
here, the site's pages may not display properly, and you may encounter
problems while entering your application that Customer Service may not
be able to resolve.

Microsoft Internet Explorer browsers:

Internet Explorer 7.0
Internet Explorer 8.0